måndag 15 november 2010

First Impression

Hello dear blogreaders, my name is Oskar Sundberg and I am writing a blog about a book I am reading. I have already written the name of the book in my first post. But if you are new I can tell you again. My book´s name is "Refugee boy", written by Benjamin Zephaniah. This second post will be about my first impression of the book.

The story takes place in early 2000. So far the book is about young Alem and his father. Alam and his father are Ethiopians. They go on a vacation to the UK. I really do not know what is going to happen to Alem but I suspect that he will stay in the UK because of two reasons. The first reason is that the book´s name is "Refugee boy". The second reason is that when Alem and his father are sitting on a bed in their hotelroom Alem´s father talks about the war in Ethiopia and how good and perfect the UK is. I think that Alem´s father will leave Alem in the UK untill the war in Ethiopia is over and the situation in the country is safe. This is probably also why Alem´s father takes his son on a "vacation" to the UK. It is very hard to travel to a new country as young, start in a new school and get new friends without "knowing" the country at all. However, so far in the book Alem and his father have been at Heathrow airport. At the airport Alem´s father and Alem got checked by more security controls than what is normal. I find this a bit racist since Alem´s father and Alem are "black" and maybe security thought they were terrorists. After this, the father and son checked in at a hotel and went on a sightseeing in London.


1 kommentar:

  1. + Good described and the book seems really interresting
    - Spelling mistakes that you seemed to fix, so nothing that is really bad about the blog....so far!

    SvaraRadera