söndag 23 januari 2011

Touching words

"Look at me, look at all the things I am capable of, and think of all the things you could call me - a student, a lover of literature, a budding architect, a friend, a symbol of hope even, but what am I called? A refugee."
These words touched me. All that this text says is so right. Everyone, no matter where they come from should be called their names, what they work with or at least what they are good at. So do not come up with stupid names like "refugee" just because they are from other countries!

Something that really makes me mad is that even after people get their asylum they are being called refugees! If you think about it, you will understand that everyone is a refugee! Your great-grandmother's great-grandmother might have come to this country as a refugee. So everyone is a refugee or at least his or her mother or grandmother were refugees. Without refugees there would be no countries.

I am going to be honest with you. Before I read this book I also called some people refugees. Yes it is true. But now I respect refugees more. They have moved to another country because they had a hard life in their homeland, and when they are in their new country they should not get an even harder life.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar